Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Keeping Cool!!

I think we are going to have an extremely hot summer here in Texas. They are saying we should be in triple digits by the weekend! People always say " I bet you wish you were back in SD during the summers", they have no idea that it is usually about as hot in Pierre as it is in Dallas over the summers. We got both the winter and summer extremes there!!
This 3 day weekend got me so excited about summer. I can't wait to spend the days with Hattie and Brent!! On Sunday morning Hattie woke up really early so we put her in her stroller and walked to our country club for some yummy pancakes. In the afternoon our church had a bbq in the park. Brent and I even took part in the water balloon games. We played a balloon toss but only made it to round 3 (we like to blame it on Brent holding Hattie while tossing the balloons: ). It was hot outside, but really fun!
That night Hattie and I went over to Sara's to spend some good quality cousin and sister bonding time! Sara and I love that we have kids so close together...we will have 4 under the age of 3 very soon! Hattie and Marina are starting to play with eachother more. Hattie always likes Marina, we just never know if Marina will like Hattie.....she is at that age: ) The girls played outside in the pool, took a bath together, ate dinner, and watched a movie. It is so much fun! I LOVE being so close to my sisters and their children!
On Memorial Day we had a bbq at Sara's with family and friends! I also suprised everyone by getting a really cute picture of the 4 young cousins. I was determined despite them all calling me names like " Jean Jr. "
Hattie is really changing everyday. She is starting to say lots of new words ( or atleasts is trying to say them) She says words like ball, hello, more, bye bye, baba....and I am very excited that she understands "mama". We were shopping the other day and I went to a different aisle, when I heard her yell "mama"!! Such a neat feeling to hear your baby say mama!! Hattie continues to be a dare devil climbing all over furniture and people. When she falls she usually just gets back up and climbs on the next thing. She is such a nut!!
She has also recently found how fun pens and markers can be! I think we need to buy those markers that only show up on paper!
She also loves babies, and we are hoping she will still like babies in 5 months!! She loves getting baby Layla a pacifier or fake bottle and loves playing with her dolls! She is such a sweet girl!

I think she liked playing around it more than playing in it!





too busy dancing to the music to eat!!








the guys playing a fun game
























happy cousins!

No comments: