It is such a great feeling knowing that we have the next 10 weeks off of school to be home together as a family! Our summer break has not started the best. Sickness has taken over our family....ugh!! Brent has an upper respitory infection, I have conjuctivitis and a sinus infection, and Hattie has a double ear infection. We are all on antibiotics now and hopefully we will start feeling better soon. I haven't been this sick in years and Brent has never gone to the dr. since I have known him! So not the best way to start the summer but atleast we aren't this sick at school!!
Hattie has been getting up between 6 and 7 every morning since school as got out. That is so funny since we had to wake her up everyday during the school year. Hopefully we will get her trained soon. She will be going to daycare one day a week for a few hours. We figured it would be good for her to see her friends and Alicia so it isn't so hard to return in the fall. Every other day she will be home with us and we love it!! She is so much fun! We are planning our big road trip from June 30- July 15th! We will be making stops in Kansas, Colorado, South Dakota, and Nebraska! We are planning to stay with Kelly, Courtney and Cael in Kansas, then we are going to Colorado for Brent's grandpa's 80th birthday, up to Spearfish to stay with Brent's parents and hopefully see Sheila and Mike, then to Pierre to see my family and friends - Jodi is planning on coming back while we are there, and finally we are going to Omaha, Nebraska to meet my friend Misty and her family!! I am so excited that I will get to see my four best friends along with all our family on our road trip. We will see how Brent does driving with a one year old and a pregnant lady....should be interesting! : )
Speaking of pregnancy....we get our ultrasound on the 28th of this month! Hopefully we will find out if we are having a boy or girl!
Here are some pictures of the weekend before we started getting really sick. We had friends, Steve and Adele, from Colorado visit us while they were in Sachse visiting Steve's brother. On Saturday Ruth Ann and I went to the musical, Wicked! It was awesome!! I knew I would like it since I am a fan of The Wizard of Oz! Then on Sunday we had a shower for baby Layla!
1 comment:
Awww...love the piggy tales in Hattie's hair! She is so cute! I can NOT wait to see you guys!!! I know our time will go too fast, but at least we will get to see each other before we add to our families again! See you guys soon!! Love ya!
Post a Comment