I am so happy I can finally share the good news....Sara and Daniel adopted a baby girl! Layla Marie was born on May 18th weighign 8lbs 14 ounces ( even bigger than cousin Hattie) and Sara got to be in the room while she was delivered and also got to cut the embilical cord. Sara, Daniel and my mom were in Houston a the day before the birth mom was induced and then they stayed there a few days after Layla's birth. Once the papers were signed on Thursday we all took a deep breath of thanks and relief that this long journey of waiting and uncertaintity was over. We had kept this big secret for a few months. I completely understood why my sister did not want to tell alot of people, you never know what could happen. But in the end Layla went home with Sara and Daniel and had a whole bunch of people waiting for her big arrival. Marina was so excited to meet Layla. Everyone brought Marina presents so she was pretty excited!
Layla is such a sweet baby. I swear you don't even notice they have a newborn. She rarely cries and can sleep up to 5 hours without a bottle. Sara jokes that she is the complete opposite of Marina! She says from day 1 Marina came out being high maintance!! So true! I couldn't be happier for my sister that her family is complete now. We have been waiting for this day for a long time and it has been a rollercoaster of a journey!! But definetly worth it in the end!
she was also pretty mad when mommy gave Layla a bottle and didn't give her one....must be so confusing for a one year old : )
Cooper's B-day Party!
On Saturday we took Hattie to her friend, Cooper's birthday party. It was gorgeous outside and Hattie really enjoyed playing outside. But I think she enjoyed the cake and icecream a little more!
Today Hattie and I took my mom to the airport. She flew down with Hattie and me on May 2nd so she has been gone for over 3 weeks...we tried to talk her into staying another week to be here all of May, but she has lots to do back home. We will get to see everyone when we take a road trip to Colorado and South Dakota in July!
No comments:
Post a Comment