Trip to South Dakota for Sheila's Wedding!!
Hattie and I left Friday morning to Spearfish to be part of my friend Sheila's wedding. Sheila and I became really close in college. We were both special education/elem education majors. We had so much fun together. I was so excited to be part of her big day. Our flight to South Dakota was great! The direct flight from here to Rapid City only took two hours. Hattie slept most of the way. I didn't even give her benadryl...I debated about it but was told some kids have an adverse effect witch makes them hyper. I am one of those people who do not get drowsy when taking anything like niquil or benadryl. I thought Hattie might be like me and that would not be fun on an airplane.
We were lucky that we got to stay with Nana and Papa while in Spearfish. Plus, my parents came up on Saturday to go to the wedding. I was pretty busy with rehearsal, hair appointments, pics, etc. that Hattie got to spend lots of time with her 4 grandparents.
The wedding was gorgeous! We were so worried that Sheila and Mike wouldn't get to have their wedding outside, which is what they planned and wanted. Throughout the weekend the weather wasn't very nice..strong winds and rain. Yuck! Luckily, when it came time for the wedding the weather was okay...still cold, but okay to have outside. It was such a fun wedding. I really loved the bridal party and Sheila was the most calm bride I have ever seen. Her pastor didn't show up for rehearsal and she was like okay let's just do it without him...it's okay. SHe was just so happy to be getting married to Mike that she didn't stress about the details. Her and Mike make such an awesome couple. It is nice to see her so happy!!
For the wedding reception my parents brought Hattie. Again...she is just like me when it comes to dancing...she wouldn't get off the dance floor. It was so funny! She was dancing with all the kids having a great time.
Sunday was time to head home. My mom was flying with me so I was so excited. It is hard traveling with a baby by myself. So we had everything planned out so Hattie would take a nap on the flight home. Ten minutes before we were supposed to board Hattie was getting tired. Yes, I thought for sure this would be an easy flight home....WRONG! Our flight ended up being delayed, delayed more, then canceled. UGH! We ended up waiting in the airport for 4 hours before catching a flight to Denver then to Texas. We were supposed to be home at 5 and ended up getting home at 12:30. It was such a long day. I am so happy that Hattie is so easy going. She had a few moments when she got fussy, but overall she was a really good traveler. For one flight she stayed up the entire time so my mom and I were busy trying to occupy her...it was pretty funny!! She stayed up so late that night that she has slept alot yesterday and today.
Brent was so excited for us to get home. He kept saying that it was horrible not being with us those days. He thought it would be nice to stay home and sleep in and chill out, but said it was not fun at all.
Thursday my mom and I leave to fly to Puerto Rico for Jodi's wedding. I am so excited to be back in Puerto Rico! I am not excited about not seeing Hattie for four days. That is going to be so hard : (





Hattie and I left Friday morning to Spearfish to be part of my friend Sheila's wedding. Sheila and I became really close in college. We were both special education/elem education majors. We had so much fun together. I was so excited to be part of her big day. Our flight to South Dakota was great! The direct flight from here to Rapid City only took two hours. Hattie slept most of the way. I didn't even give her benadryl...I debated about it but was told some kids have an adverse effect witch makes them hyper. I am one of those people who do not get drowsy when taking anything like niquil or benadryl. I thought Hattie might be like me and that would not be fun on an airplane.
We were lucky that we got to stay with Nana and Papa while in Spearfish. Plus, my parents came up on Saturday to go to the wedding. I was pretty busy with rehearsal, hair appointments, pics, etc. that Hattie got to spend lots of time with her 4 grandparents.
The wedding was gorgeous! We were so worried that Sheila and Mike wouldn't get to have their wedding outside, which is what they planned and wanted. Throughout the weekend the weather wasn't very nice..strong winds and rain. Yuck! Luckily, when it came time for the wedding the weather was okay...still cold, but okay to have outside. It was such a fun wedding. I really loved the bridal party and Sheila was the most calm bride I have ever seen. Her pastor didn't show up for rehearsal and she was like okay let's just do it without him...it's okay. SHe was just so happy to be getting married to Mike that she didn't stress about the details. Her and Mike make such an awesome couple. It is nice to see her so happy!!
For the wedding reception my parents brought Hattie. Again...she is just like me when it comes to dancing...she wouldn't get off the dance floor. It was so funny! She was dancing with all the kids having a great time.
Sunday was time to head home. My mom was flying with me so I was so excited. It is hard traveling with a baby by myself. So we had everything planned out so Hattie would take a nap on the flight home. Ten minutes before we were supposed to board Hattie was getting tired. Yes, I thought for sure this would be an easy flight home....WRONG! Our flight ended up being delayed, delayed more, then canceled. UGH! We ended up waiting in the airport for 4 hours before catching a flight to Denver then to Texas. We were supposed to be home at 5 and ended up getting home at 12:30. It was such a long day. I am so happy that Hattie is so easy going. She had a few moments when she got fussy, but overall she was a really good traveler. For one flight she stayed up the entire time so my mom and I were busy trying to occupy her...it was pretty funny!! She stayed up so late that night that she has slept alot yesterday and today.
Brent was so excited for us to get home. He kept saying that it was horrible not being with us those days. He thought it would be nice to stay home and sleep in and chill out, but said it was not fun at all.
Thursday my mom and I leave to fly to Puerto Rico for Jodi's wedding. I am so excited to be back in Puerto Rico! I am not excited about not seeing Hattie for four days. That is going to be so hard : (









No comments:
Post a Comment