I was so ready to get to Puerto Rico and see my best friend get married! We haven't been back to PR since we moved to Texas two years ago. My mom decided she would go with me since she was always so close to Jodi. We left very early Thursday morning. We flew to San Juan and spent a couple hours walking around Old San Juan shopping at all the neat vendors. Then we took a small puddle jumper to the island of Vieques, about 6 miles away from the big island. Thursday night we had a welcoming party at a local bar/restaurant. That first night was such a blast, I knew the rest of the trip was going to be just as much fun. On Friday we spent the day at the beach for rehearsal and a pig roast beach party. I was so good at smothering on the sunscreen that I didn't even get burned at all! Saturday us girls woke up early and drove all over looking for the black sand beach- Jodi needed black sand for her and Jason's sand ceremony. After asking a bunch of locals ( I had to use my spanish again) and walking on a dried out river bed for 30 minutes, we found the desolate beach. It was pretty neat! Then we went to a little town and shopped for a bit. When we got back to the villas we had lunch and got our hair done. Then it was time for the beach ceremony! Wow, was it ever a gorgeous wedding! The reception was back at the villas we were all staying called Casa de Claire. We had such a fun time dancing and celebrating the new couple. That night we went to the karaoke bar until closing at 2 and then we were all so hungry that we found the only place on the island that had food...it was an outdoor vendor selling pinchos and tostados. We ate on the curb....such a puerto rican thing to do. I loved it!
Sunday morning we woke up, packed, and chilled by the pool til we flew back to Texas. We didn't get home until about 1 and I was so anxious to see my baby. Daddy did a great job with his baby while I was gone. He was constantly sending me texts and videos of all the new things Hattie did while I was gone ( she learned to say night night and a few other new words). Everytime I talked to him they were shopping, at the park, or playing. Brent is such a wonderful daddy! This morning I just couldn't leave to work so early without seeing Hattie so I called in and asked if I could come in a few hours later. I was waiting for her to wake up this morning and when Hattie saw me she got so excited! Oh my gosh I don't ever want to leave her for four days again!
But boy was Puerto Rico fun. I swear Jodi and Sheila would tie for the most calm, laid back brides! And I was really impressed with Jason. This was the first time I met him. Jodi and Jason are such an adorable couple. I couldn't be happier for Jodi- she deserves all this happiness! Congrats!
high school friends
yummy...lechon
the only bride I know that would hike on her wedding day
on the black sand beach
wedding party
No comments:
Post a Comment