Monday, May 17, 2010

Counting Down the Days till Summer!!

It felt a little strange to not be traveling this past weekend. Actually, I haven't even unpacked my suitcase completely from my two trips. Maybe I will get to that next weekend! It was nice being home even though our weekend was still pretty busy. My mom and dad have been here all week. Friday night my parents, sister, nephew, Brent and Hattie came with me to my school's Spring Sing Concert. My class did so good singing " In the Jungle", we had been practicing a few weeks. I was also very excited and surpised to get "Teacher of the Year" award. I guess Brent knew about it for a while and kept it a complete secret ( I wish I could keep secrets like that)! They got me roses and a gift card to a spa, when I saw the name of the spa I was suprised because I had actually been there before ( there are probably a gazillion spas around Dallas). My secretary said that she knew I liked that place and I asked how she knew that and she explained she talked to Brent! So some day in the next couple months I might treat myself to the massage, facial, mani/pedi they do for expecting moms...I will probably wait till I am further along and swollen!!
Saturday we went to our pastor's house for a little get together while my parents watched Hattie and then on Sunday Brent had a brilliant idea for us to get chicken and have a picnic in the park. Hattie really enjoyed running around the park going down slides and climbing through tunnels. Speaking of climbing, I swear we have a little monkey. She climbs on EVERYTHING! We had to take our ottoman out of our living room because she was constantly climbing on top of it. And yesterday I took her out of her stroller after our walk, turned around, and saw her climb right back in it by herself. She is keeping her parents busy. And although she only says a few words, she can usually express to us exactly what she wants. This is leading to little "fits" when she doesn't get what she wants. I can't believe it can start this early!! Oh boy!!

by the way....12 days of school left!!


Standing on top of the ottoman
Grandpa had to get her
some of the Vista teachers


Grandpa and Hattie eating in the gym

she loved the cookie grandpa fed her


Kim and Braedon








not sure what was so funny

the best one we got of use three



me and my good friend Ruth Ann

cuddling with grams






eating on the go








she loves climbing through the tunnels

No comments: