Saturday, January 02, 2010

Hattie's First Christmas!

Our two week Christmas vacation is quickly coming to an end. I feel like I could use a couple more days to rest before going back for the second half of the school year. We had a great two weeks and I am pretty sure Hattie had a wonderful first Christmas. She got to see lots of family! We spent the first week in Colorado. We definetly got our white christmas. I think I had enough winter and snow to last until next year. I am glad we have family that lives in CO and SD so we can visit and still see snow once a year. Hattie was exited to see her Nana and Papa, it was obvious she still remembered them from Thanksgiving! She also loved getting to play with Jaron, he is in 2nd grade but seems so much more mature. He was great with Hattie. She loved to sit in his room and he would turn on music for her and find toys that he thought she would like to play with. She also got to spend time with Aunt Tracy and great grandparents, Cliff and Sarah. Hattie and Sarah got some extra bonding time while the rest of us went to a Nuggets game one night. They won, and even more exciting; Jaron finally got his jersey signed by the mascot, Rocky! On Christmas Hattie got spoiled with lots of books, toys, and clothes! Plus she got her two front teeth in the day before. What more could she ask for?!?! It is always sad to leave family in Colorado because we know it will be a while before we get to see them again. Hattie will be so different next time we see them. Oh yah....the flight was suprisingly enjoyable both ways. Hattie didn't make a peep on the plane either way. I felt tense crossing my fingers that she wouldn't cry or her ears wouldn't bother her. It was fun! She even met a couple of friends crawling around the airport before our flights. We will see if she continues to be a good flyer when we fly to Sheila's wedding in May!!
When we got back to Texas we were excited to have my nieces and nephews here along with my brother, Greg! The bad news is that, due to weather, my parents weren't able to make it. It's okay...they will be here for even longer in two weeks!!
We had so much fun with Greg and the kids. I have such wonderful nieces and nephews and they are all so good with Hattie and Marina. It is just funny to see them like that, since I remember how much I adored them when they were babies. Brent and I went with them to Dave and Busters one afternoon. We decided to take Hattie to her daycare so she could see everyone and we could enjoy the afternoon. When we walked into Alicia's house she started shaking and then when she saw Alicia she got so excited and reached her arms out and just cuddled into her shoulder. She had missed Alicia and her friends! AWW!! I felt so happy that my baby enjoys daycare and loves Alicia!
On New Years Eve, Brent and I spent the night alone watching the Dick Clark show and playing rock band. My brother was planning on staying through New Years, but the kids were anxious to get home to their friends....they are teenagers!! And today is Sara's birthday so I took her to get pedicures and then we met Kim and some other friends for lunch! Tomorrow will be busy unpacking and doing laundry!
I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Year~ I can't even imagine how 2010 could be better than this year!!


waiting in the airport
playing in Jaron's room




she thought it was funny that gidget would sit on her lap during the car rides


making all the goodies


our annual tradition...gingerbread house


the laundry basket provided lots of entertainment...why did we buy all those Christmas presents?!?!



Hattie sporting her nuggets outfit




I love this picture!!
go Nuggets!


Papa has the touch
Hattie and Nana

Hattie in her new pjs from Nana on Christmas morning









family picture without Sarah ( she was taking the picture)Jaron wanted to do a silly one

Hattie and Sarah


Aunt Tracy loving on Hattie

we almost forgot to get a picture in the snow

snoozing on the airplane....thank goodness

Hattie and Eric
playing rock band

Hattie and foreign exchange student, Daria
Hattie and Alyssa

Daria's 17th birthday
who is this?? oh just Uncle Greg
so big



going on a stroller ride


haha...I made Sara's icecream cone...whoops!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures from your trip to Colorado. We would love if you would add some of your vacation pictures, like the ones in the snow, to the official Colorado Facebook fan page: http://www.facebook.com/visitcolorado.