Saturday, October 24, 2009

Walk, Wag, Run 5K!!

My parents just left back to South Dakota this afternoon, and I am having to get used to them not being at my house: ( It is always so hard when they leave. We really had a great time with them this week. On Wednesday they took Hattie to my school so my students could meet her, which made them all very happy. We enjoyed the evenings getting to hang out together. Hattie was so happy when my parents were around. She would laugh and smile at them so easily. She also tried to wake them up at 4 or 5 in the morning when she would get into her talking mode: )
Today was our big 5K that was at White Rock Lake in Dallas! It was the perfect morning for running. I was very happy that I completed the run, it felt good that I actually stuck with what I said I would do. I know my mom probably had to run a little slower than she might normally run on her own, but it was really a relaxing run being together. We finished in 34 minutes, which was good enough for my mom to win in her age division!! My friend, Sarah, who did the race with us, completed it in 25 minutes ( she is in awesome shape) so she also won the race in her division. So here I ran with two winners! It was a great day!!

us before the race


me and Sarah


some of the dogs in costumes





we did it!!

such a beautiful place

the big winners!!

mom getting her medal

Hattie and Roberta


Hattie loved watching all the kids
this is a fun place

Hattie made a trip to the principal's office

and sat with the secretary

No comments: