Sunday, August 23, 2009

We Can Do This....

So we made it through the week! I kept saying " we can do this", we will get use to work and daycare. Monday was a pretty hard day, but it did get easier the rest of the week! This is so crazy....so Monday morning we got up early, got Hattie ready, went to Alicia's, dropped Hattie off, did pretty good.....got in the car and lost it!! It wasn't all my fault, the darn radio station decided it was sappy day. Seriously I just got back into the car when it said this is a poem for all you parents dropping your child off for the first time ( lots of school started that day...this it was for the kindergarten parents) it is called" I Trust You Will Take Care of Her"....Seriously?? Then they played songs like "Butterfly Kisses" and had parents call in saying how hard it was! Wow....that was just so crazy. Then right when I got to school a few of my parents from last year where there preparing a breakfast. They both ran up and hugged me, saying it will get easier. Here I go again.....
But that was it! I did fine the rest of the day and week! Hattie did great at daycare. Alicia said she takes good naps and is really happy!! YEAH!! She has been going to sleep earlier ( before 8) so that she can get all 11 or 12 hours in! We did have to wake her up 3 mornings, which I dreaded, she looked so comfy on her stomach sleeping ( we decided we can't keep getting up to turn her over to her back) but she was happy. And it is so great picking her up at daycare. I was so excited to get there that first day, that I think I had a little road rage: ) Seriously got every red light and go stuck behind the slowest people: )
We really enoyed the nights and this weekend getting to spend all the time with her.
Well, this will be the first week with our students! I am really excited to meet them!




Here we are at Sara's house....all of us girl with the babies! There was one baby boy, Brody, who left before the picture! We kept joking that he would have his pick of girlfriend!








3 comments:

Kelly said...

Brody has plenty of girls to pick from but Hattie is spoken for!!

The Dills said...

Haha!! Oh Brody knows that: )

Aftann Kisling said...

Glad your week went well. My heart goes out to you though. Leaving them is sooo hard...harder on mom though, I must admit. (I couldn't take it anymore after #2 came along.) Hope your school year goes well. Hattie just continues to get more darling by the day. And you and Brent look like such fun and adoring parents. All the best!~