Saturday, August 08, 2009

The Last Weeks of Summer!

Oh how can it already be the end of summer? This summer has gone so fast! A week from Monday, Brent and I will be back at school and Hattie will be going to Alicia's house for in home daycare. We have really enjoyed this summer being home with our baby girl. However, this many weeks home is going to make going back really hard. It seems like we have done so many fun things this summer with Hattie. Last week we had fun spending time with our neighbors on Saturday. Our neighbors are awesome! THey made 20lbs of crab and 20lbs of shrimp and everyone showed up with the lawn chairs and drinks! We have lots of little kids around the neighborhood. Four houses down from us is a baby girl, Sophie, who is only 3 days younger than Hattie! We need to get together with them and let the girls meet!
Hattie got to meet another new friend this week. Little Cooper is 6 weeks younger. He belongs to Kristin and Justin, Brent and Kristin are the spanish teachers at the middle school. WE had them over on Thursday for dinner. Cooper is a big baby like Hattie : )
Hattie goes in for her 4 month checkup on Monday. However, we did make a visit to the dr. this week and found out she already weighs 17lbs! Holy Moly! The dr. asked if anyone believe she is only 4 months...nope!
So I was worried something was wrong with Hattie because she had been fussy for the last few days. She normally isn't like that so I was concerned. My sisters made fun of me for what my idea of a fussy baby was. They came over and I told them Hattie was so fussy.....they said "that is fussy" and laughed! Okay I know her...something had to be wrong. But the dr. said she seemed fine. Said that she could be going through a growth spurt or teething already! She has been sleeping alot so maybe it is a growth spurt ( I feel like I say that everyday though) yesterday she slept 11 hours at night, woke up for an hour, back to sleep for 3.5 hrs, up for 2, then back for another 2.5 hr nap! And she went to bed at 8:30! I felt like I didn't even get to see her much. Brent and I were debating if we should let her sleep that long, and decided she must just be growing! This girl loves her sleep and her food! Last night she tried rice cereal for the 1st time. Big surprise.....she liked it!!
Have a great week!!



Hattie and Cooper





she will chew on anything she can grab



another fun toy to stand in!


what are these things?







yummy food!!


1 comment:

Mike and Sheila said...

Ok I'm jealous - I wish our neighbors were nice like that and we all got together! How fun! Love the blanket in the pics too!