Well tomorrow is our last official day of summer! On Monday I will take Hattie to daycare for the first time and just thinking about it makes me cry! I am also envisioning myself walking into school and someone asks " How's Hattie?" and me bursting into tears. Oh Monday is going to be so hard. But all I can do now is be positive and thankful for all we have. Brent and I are so lucky to be teachers and be able to spend the summers home with Hattie. We have had the best summer watching our baby go from a newborn who would just sleep and eat all day to a happy four month old who can now interact and giggle at us! Having summers off is going to be so wondeful. Both my parents were in the school system while I was a kid...it is great to have summers to spend as families!
Also, we both love being teachers...I would hate it if we were leaving our baby to do something we dreaded. I love the beginning of the school year and look forward to meeting my new students. I know my days will go by so fast, like always, and I will get to leave knowing I will see my baby!
Finally, we are lucky that we are leaving Hattie in very good hands. We met with Alicia this week and I am not worried about how she will do with Hattie at all. She is so loving and caring with the children. Hattie will get to spend the days with her cousin Marina, another two year old girl, and a 5 month old baby girl! Being around other children will be a good thing.
I admit that I do think about friends and other mothers that get to stay at home with their children and how great that would be. I know there are going to be days where I am at school thinking about what my baby is doing, wishing I was with her. All I know is that I am going to cherish every minute I get to spend with Hattie and know that we are going to have so many great times together!!
Anways....we did have a great last week of summer vacation. Seems like we were busy doing last minute errands and getting things ready for school. On Monday we took Hattie in for her 4 month checkup! We weren't suprised to find out that she is still healthy and off the charts in her size!! She is over the 100th percentile in heigh ( 27 in) and in the 97 percentile for weight ( 17lbs). So lucky to have a healthy baby!!
We also went to Dallas to pick up my bridesmaid dress for Jodi's wedding and went along with Victoria to try on her wedding dress. Yes, 2010 is the year for weddings! Victoria and Davids in February, Sheila's on May 1st, and Jodi's May 8th! I am so excited already!
Well Hattie is sleeping and I am on my way over to Sara's while the guys have "guy night" at our house!
Thanks for reading!
2 comments:
I know it will suck but you'll get through it! I know how hard it has been to leave Cael at 2 months - I can't imagine it at 4 months. You've had longer with Hattie than I had with Cael so I can imagine it will be more difficult. You'll make it and can now start looking forward to weekends and vacations!! We love you guys!
Love all the new pictures! She is growing so fast! What a little doll!! Hope you had a great first week back to school! Call me when you get a chance and we can catch up! Love and miss ya!!
Post a Comment