My dad flew into Texas last week for his two week visit! It was an exciting trip for him because he would get to meet his newest grandaughter for the first time and also get to go to Braedon's 6th birthday party. Hattie was so excited to see " Papa". She definetly remembered him and it only took about 1 minute for her to warm up to him. Papa could not leave her sight for more than a minute and she would start saying "Papa, Papa".
It has been so nice having my dad here. He has been helping Brent and I finish a few projects in the yard and house. He has also made two "Craigslist Runs" with us to pick up a dresser for the baby room and get a sleeper sofa for our front room. We are making a few little changes around the house, which is always fun. We only have one more week off to get these projects done and then we will be back to school. I am already dreading leaving Hattie. We have all gotten used to being home together and we love it! But hopefully it won't take long to get back into a new routine. Plus Hattie loves daycare. We have been taking her one or two days a week. WHen we pull up to Alicia's house she gets really excited. She even tries saying "Licia"...it is so cute. SHe can say "Sara", "Kimmy", "Braedon" and "Mina". She tries to repeat whatever Brent and I say. Two days ago we were shopping and Brent saw one of his students and said " Hi James" and then Hattie said " Hi James". The student turned around and started laughing. But her favorite word is "baby", everytime we get in the car she says "baby", because she wants to go visit her cousin Layla. She loves to help with Layla ( although she really isn't much of a help). She gets blankets, tries to feed her, push her in her swing and hug and kiss her ALOT! Poor Layla must think...who is this kid? But she is just such a content little baby and lets Hattie get all over her. I am getting so excited to think about Hattie and her own little sister. I think she is going to be such a good big sister....atleast I am hoping for that!!
Well it is really hot here in Texas. It was 106 today. Of course our ac unit decided to go out this week. UGH! Luckily we got it fixed right away. I am getting ready for Fall and cooler weather!
Grandpa with Layla

No comments:
Post a Comment