Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hattie, The Tiny Tumbler!

Hattie got invited to her friend, Reagan's birthday party on Saturday. They had it at the ASI gymnastics. It was really neat and I think we might have a little gymnast in the future! Hattie loved jumping on the trampolines, going down the slide into the foam pit, running around, and climbing on everything! She is just crazy and doesn't seem to be afraid of much. She would fall and then get back up without crying! Aunt Sara jokes that we need to sign a liability when she comes to visit her because she swears Hattie is bound to get hurt the way she jumps and climbs on everything: ) So true!!
Later that night we went over to a friend's house for dinner. Hattie was the entertainment for the 6 adults. She was a little shy at first but by the end of the night she was giving everyone kisses.
We have really been enjoying our summer. It is hard to believe we only have three weeks left. We have been spending alot of time swimming, either at our neighborhood pool, backyard, or Aunt Kim's pool. And when Hattie is sleeping or at daycare, Brent and I have been organizing the house like crazy! I was joking with him that if we did not get rid of some stuff we would end up on the hoarding show! I swear Brent would keep everything if he could. We were going through his things and found a big box of baseball caps that he wore as a kid, for some reason he thought he should keep those! Nope! The worst was results from his 5th grade standarized tests...he thought he should keep those just in case he wanted to look at them some day! Nope! Of course, I knew along time ago that he likes to hold on to everything. In college he was practically the only student that wouldn't sell back text books at the end of the semester. I couldn't believe that because I was thrilled to get back that money at the end of the semester. So anyways we have been doing lots of cleaning out and organizing. This weekend we are having a garage sale! I am really excited. It feels great to get rid of some things we never use!
Brent and I took a break from our cleaning and went out on Wednesday to celebrate our 4 year wedding anniversary! We went to our favorite Argentinian restaraunt! Four years of marriage, a toddler, and a baby on the way. We think we are doing pretty good!
Hattie had her 15 month checkup this week. Brent had to take her because I had a two day training to go to for school. While I was in a meeting I got a text from Brent saying " got some shots, she has some fluids in her ears, and we still have the tallest baby in the world" I started laughing when I read that! It's true though. Hattie is still in the 100th percentile for her height. Her weight percentile dropped to 90th ( thats the lowest that has been) : ) She is a healthy little girl. We still haven't found a food she doesn't like!
Have a great weekend blog followers!!









Reagan's mom, Mary, made all the girls matching shirts to wear.








Me and Layla! What a laid-back, happy baby! Hattie and I got to babysit her Saturday morning. I was really excited when I asked Hattie to get me Layla's blanket and she ran to her room, got the blanket, and ran back to me. She then went back and got two more. I was so suprised that she would help like that. It will be interesting to see what she does with her own little baby in three and a half months!












Hattie kept wanting to play with the "baby". It was funny when I was talking to the baby's dad and found out the two were only two months apart. We both were surprised to find out they were that close in age.





Aunt Sara got Hattie her first dress up outfit. She didn't know if Hattie would be interested since she is still pretty young. But boy did Hattie love that outfit. She wanted it on right away and just walked around like she was really cool!




Hattie and Benny go swimming in her baby pool in the afternoons!

1 comment:

Kelly said...

That is a great picture of you with Layla, Kate! Hattie is such a pretty girl too! Can't wait for baby #2!! Love you guys!