Sunday, August 15, 2010

Summer is Over, Projects Completed...Mostly : )

Tomorrow Brent and I go back to school, this week it is teacher's meetings and next week the kids will be there. I know I always say this...but this summer went SO fast! We really enjoyed being home together. We spent lots of time at the pool and checking away at our home projects list. We did pretty good. We had a good garage sale a few weeks ago and that really got us motivated to clean, organize and re-do some of the rooms in the house. We also organized our garage and Brent re-did the playground in the backyard by getting rid of the old mulch and weeds and putting in new rubber mulch. Thankfully my dad was here for two weeks and he helped us with these projects. Kim painted the nursery but I was actually a big help this time. I think she would agree with me saying that I totally redeemed myself from the little flower I did in Hattie's nursery. This time I was set on painting so Kim wouldn't have to do it all. I painted some of the flowers and turtles. Of course it was nice to have Kim there whenver I made mistakes. : )We moved the office to the downstairs front room and turned that into more of a functional space. Before we had a poker table and two leather chairs in that room and we very seldom used it. Now I love that room and am so excited to have that as our family is expanding. I found a sleeper sofa and loveseat on Craigslist so that we can have a place for guests to stay when they visit. The old office is turned into a playroom. My dad painted it pink and my friend, Ruth Ann and I pained all the white and brown polka dots.
It feels so good starting a new school year having completed so much of our summer to-do list! We figure once school starts we will be pretty busy and November will be here before we know it and then we will really be busy!!

These pictures are from Brent's phone...not the best. My camera is at Best Buy being fixed. I know, I have the hardest time with my cameras...ugh!!

I LOVE how the nursery turned out! The colors are so different from Hattie's room yet they are both similar being outdoor themes!





Nana Cathy made the quilt and curtains! She is so talented and we think it is so special that our girls will each have their first quilt made by their Nana!


here are the curtains that need to be hung up
Also Kim insisted that this room was going to have turtles ( since I also wanted a room with turtles, but didn't want to do an ocean theme)

the big helper...everyday she goes in there and says "paint"

the play room without any of the toys or books put up yet



the front room










1 comment:

becki said...

So cute Katie! Your murals looked so familiar to me then I saw your quilt and knew exactly why..I have that same "Frolic" fabric! How pretty all of it is! Looks like so much fun!