Sunday, February 28, 2010

Feeling Better!

Hattie is feeling better than last week but she still has a cough and is getting her molars. Last week when I took her into the dr. for the stomach bug her dr. told me she was already getting her molars. I could feel one cutting through today when I was putting orajel on them ( right before she bit my finger and made it bleed). She already has 9 teeth plus getting her molars now! Gees I guess she might be ready for steak by her birthday! Just kidding: ) Speaking of birthday...it is fastly approaching. We are planning her birthday party for March 19th. Yes that is early but both sets of grandparents will be in town and it will be over our spring break! Only two more weeks of school and then we will have a week off! Yippey!! I have been working longer hours the past few weeks because we have been tutoring kids after school getting ready for the big state tests. My class has their first test this Wednesday! They will have to write a two page paper and answer revising/editing questions. It is pretty hard for 9 and 10 year olds, but I am very confident in them. I have such awesome students. Our other tests are in April and we are gong to have a big pep rally to get ready for them. Us teachers are preparing a song and dance and I am teaching all the students 3-6 a dance to go with the song " Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night". I have been working on the dance and night when Hattie is asleep. Brent can hear me from downstairs and says it sounds like I am bowling!! Okay!!It should be fun though!
Ok onto news from the weekend. It was lots of fun! Friday and Saturday I hung out with the girls. Usually we get together for Bachelor on Monday nights, but we also got together this weekend. The newest girl in "the group" is the third grade teacher at my school. It is fun that we have been hanging out together more. We went and saw " Dear John" one day last week and went shopping for Hattie's b-day decorations one day. It is fun to hang out with her outside of school! Then on Saturday we met Kristin, Justin, and baby Cooper for dinner at The Cheesecake Factory. We don't go to Dallas very often just because there are so many restaurants, stores, etc. so close to our little suburb. But it was fun to get out and go to this very nice restaurant that Brent had never been to. The funny thing is that right next to the restaurant is a Barnes and Noble, well when we pulled up we noticed a large crowd outside and we guessed that someone famous was going to be there signing a book. We were right. Ozzy Ozborne was there signing his new book...that explains the crowd!! Dinner was fantastic and the cheesecake was so yummy! Now tomorrow back to school! Have a great week!

me and Hattie outside of the restaurant

Hattie kept giving Cooper puffs

they even got their own "baby plate" with bananas and bread


her hair is starting to curl...love it!!


look at all those teeth


she loves sitting on the ottoman to watch Barney or Imagination Movers for about two minutes: )

No comments: