Oh I love that we are in the holiday season! It seems even more exciting and fun having a baby here to celebrate with us. On Thanksgiving Day, while everyone was taking a nap, Hatte and I were playing outside and I couldn't stop thinking about how thankful I am that she is in our lives. I can't even express how much this little girl means to us! We really do have so much to be thankful for.
Cathy and Rick got here one week ago and now they are getting ready to leave in a few hours. We did so much while they were here, it really makes me wish that our parents lived closer. They couldn't believe how much Hattie had changed since July. She definetly is starting to get more of a personality! Anytime we turn on music she starts dancing by rocking and shaking her hands...it is so funny! She was quite the Nana and Papa girl while they were here. Of course she was a little spoiled and I think her day care provider will notice on Monday! Hattie got to spend all day Monday with Nana and Papa while we were at school and then Tuesday night. They are such wonderful grandparents, it is easy to see how much they love her!
Rick and Cathy also spoiled us and let us go out a few nights. One night Brent and I went to a Mavericks games with kids from my school. All Brent could say was that middle school doesn't look so bad after riding a bus with 30 elementary kids! Last night Brent and I went out to dinner and then watched the movie Blind Side ( it is very good by the way). We hadn't been to a movie together since May of 08!
On Thanksgiving both my sisters and their families came over for a delicious lunch ( delicious because Cathy did most of it). It was also Brent's birthday that day! Lots of holiday birthdays this year I guess! Yesterday Cathy, Kim, and I got up at 4:30 to test our sanity by shopping at Walmart and Target. Holiday shoppers can be so crazy, Kim almost got hurt trying to get Rock Band! She ended up holding strong and walked away with it at the end. We also got several other bargains, so yes, it is worth it! Yesterday we also got our Christmas lights hung up, the tree up and decorated, and all of the other decor up. This is the first year we have really got to put up many Christmas decorations! Have I said how much I love this season?!?!
Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment