I feel like I just get used to saying my baby is 4 months, then 5 months, 6 months, and now 7 months! I feel like these last few months have gone by so fast! Each month seems to bring lots of new accomplishments for our baby. This week she started scooting all over the place. She also gets up on her knees like she is ready to crawl. Oh boy...our days of having an immobile baby are over soon!!
We still have not found a food she doesn't like and she can now eat those little puff thingies ( they are pretty good, Brent and I both like them). She really enjoys sitting in her high chair eating ( or making mess), while we all eat dinner. She loves going out to places so she can look at all of the strangers. But I think she is getting to that age where strangers scare her a bit, we were out at a restaurant and she was all happy looking around when this lady came up and started talking to her, all of the sudden she let out a schrieking scream. Yah, it was a little embarrasing. Most of the time she is just a smiley little baby. When Brent and I laugh or smile at her, she immediately starts laughing. I hope she stays this laid back and happy as she gets older: )
The other thing she seems to love is getting her parents up in the middle of the night to eat! I am beginning to rule out that she has been teething everynight the last month or so; and am now thinking she is just spoiled! Last night she was really hard to get to sleep and seemed really restless. I thought something was wrong, but then she was just fine this morning. However, when I picked her up from Alicia's her eyes were red and she had a runny nose. Alicia said she was really fussy and wouldn't eat...what...wouldn't eat, yes there is a problem!! I got her right into the dr. and we found out she had her first ear infection. Oh my poor baby. She is on antibiodics now and we gave her some motrin. She was happy tonight and went right to bed. Thank goodness! Tomorrow and Saturday I have a school conference out of town that I need to go to. Brent would take the day off, but I think we are going to just take her in to Alicia's if she feels okay. I hope she is good for Brent tomorrow night and Saturday morning. I am really dreading being away from her for the first time. My fellow teachers are ensuring me that we will have a goodtime tomorrow night. It should be fun, we are staying in this really really nice hotel and get to dress up and have a nice dinner. Hopefully there will be plenty of distractions!
Here are some pictures we took last night. I didn't get any of her today since she was sick. I had to get a new camera this week because my old one broke. There is no way I could go a week without pictures!! Have a great weekend!
2 comments:
Look at those teeth, Hattie Jean!! Can't wait to see you again!! Love you guys.
I took Miranda in last Saturday and she had her first ear infection too!! She got an antibiotic, but I don't think she still feels well. She's been getting up 3 times a night!!!
Post a Comment