Monday, April 13, 2009

Hattie Jean Dill!

We had the best Easter present this year. Baby Hattie was born at 12:54 Sunday afternoon, she weighed 8lbs 7oz and 20 inches long. Here is her birth story:
We had been scheduled to come in Sunday afternoon at 4:00 to start the induction process since I hadn't been at all dilated. My dr. said we could try for 12 hours then do a c-section if things weren't progressing. Well Hattie had different plans. I started having contractions Saturday morning at 4:30. They continued all day so I went into the hospital late Saturday night. They said I was dilated to 3cm and that I could go home to try to sleep a little more. We drove 30 minutes back to the house and were just getting ready to go to bed when my water broke. We got back into the car and made it to the hospital around 5:00 Sunday morning. I got an epidural and had a pretty easy labor and dilated to 9cm. That's when the dr. came in and said that I was getting a fever and they were worried about her being in stress. They said they would give us 15 minutes for her to come all the way down or else they would want to do a c-section. At this point I just wanted her to be safe and do what they thought was best. We ended up having a c-section and she was born Sunday afternoon.
I was really drowsy from all the medication yesterday but I am feeling great today. Brent has been wonderful with her. The nurse came in and asked how many kids we had. We said this was our first and she looked at Brent and said " your first too" she was surprised at how well he was doing with an infant. We are both loving being parents!


Here is our big girl...8lbs and 7 ounces



Hattie and her Daddy


Aunt Kimmy and cousing Braedon holding Hattie



Kim, Sara, and Angela loving Hattie



Talking with Aunt Sara




wide awake with Angela


Grandma Jean



Loving her grandpa




Mommy loves her so much already


looking a little drowsy after the lond day..









Aunt Sara holding her niece


















2 comments:

The Holzwarth's said...

We are SO happy for you guys!! Sounds like you guys are figuring out this parenting thing very fast! Isn't it amazing? She is SO beautiful and I can't get over all that hair!! Give her kisses from all of us!! Congrats!!

Kelly said...

Yay!!! I can't believe she is finally here! You guys look great with a baby! We will see you in a few short days!!