Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Hello everyone,

I wanted to let everyone know our sad news because I have not got a chance to talk to many people. As you know Brent and I got a puppy on Saturday. Unfortunetly he died early this morning. He died from a head injury. One of our neighbors and a friend visiting for the week and she was going to be alone during the days while our neighbor was teaching. She ased if she could have Rico with her on Monday so she could have some company. We thought that was a good idea since it woeld have been his first day alone here. Well when we went to him pick him up after school she told us that she had Rico up on the bed and he fell of onto the cement floor. She said he was acting crazy. We looked at him and knew something wasnt right. We have a vet a block away and took him there right away. It wasnt good. He got very bad and started having seizures in my arms. It was horrible to watch this little innocent guy struggle to stay alive. He was just tiny only 1 lb 7 oz. They were doing everything hey could. The vet even took him home and told us last night that he wasnt doing much better. He called early this morning to tell us that he didnt make it through the night. Yesterday and today have been very difficult days. Last night we had to meet the parents of our students after all this happened and today of course we had school. I think the kids could tell something was wrong even though we were trying to act like everything was ok. We miss Rico so much. I never thought it would have been possible to get so attached to a puppy in such a short time. He made us so happy. He was ours and he was perfect for us right from the beginning. We are doing much better today because we know that he is ok and isnt suffering. The way he had to go was very hard and it is very hard not to be mad at this girl. We have not seen or talked to this girl, I think she is hiding from us. We understand that this was an accident and we really know that we did everything possible to keep him with us. We will never have another Rico and we will always remember our sweetest little puppy who was loved very much.

Brent and Katie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog! That is so sad!! I could not imagine!
~Sheila