Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Meester and Missy Dill are surviving the week!!!

Ok so teaching here is so much different than the states. The students are very young, my third graders are only 7 and 8 years old...that is the age of some first graders in the US. The kids dont ever call us Mr. or Mrs. Dill...NO..it is meester and missy. They also always say I loooooove you and they like to hug a lot. We are having some long days and we are usually tired after school. We do so much work during the day and the kids dont have many breaks. My biggest challenge is my one student who speaks a limited amount of English..it is just crazy, I feel so bad for him because I know he is just lost during classes. I asked him how old he was and he said " yes", that is what he says for everything. WOW. Well this should be an exciting year...I know my days will be very interesting. Here are some pics of our classrooms!

Katie's classroom:



Brent's classroom:

1 comment:

Aftann Kisling said...

Wow, looks good guys! I start school next monday on the Reservation again...always an adventure as well...except for that I'm not living anywhere exotic. Good luck, I know you both will be awesome!!
Aftann