Okay so I know the title of this blog is a little random but we have had a crazy week!! Let's start with last week of school. It was the 3rd week of school already..I can't believe how fast it is going. Some stories of the other teachers really makes me appreciate my class. Our neighbor who teaches first grade had some excitement this week two girls got out of the gate during recess and walked down to the busy street. Another teacher saw them and brought them back, that however, is a minor problem in her class!! Crazy!! Brent's funny story of the week was that on Thursday he just took all of his students outside at the end of the day. He came back into his room, turned the light on, and sat down at his desk. He looked under his desk and found two eyes starring back at him. One of his students decided he wanted to play with flashlights under Brent's desk instead of going home. He went into the other kid's cubbies and got out their flashlights..it was pretty funny!! It kinda startled him a little, but then he couldnt stop laughing. My funny story of the week doesnt really compare to the others but I had a little boy tell me after three weeks of calling him a name..that I needed to call him a new name..... UHMMM??? OKay..little odd but I guess I will go with it. He doesnt speak much English and he was trying to explain this to me and I didnt understay why.. haha...anyways the week went by fast and we were excited for Friday. However, we all ended up going to bed early because we were so tired from the week. It was nice though. On Saturday we woke up to very loud thunder...just another tropical storm. This time it was Ernesto. We ended up getting lots of rain yesterday so we just hung around and went shopping and went to a movie. Brent and I were sitting in the movie theater last night getting ready to watch " Step Up" (Brent's choice...haha) and goodness we could not even hear ourselves..Puerto Ricans really do talk a lot!! We were nervous if we would even be able to watch the movie. But yah they did quite down during the movie...thank goodness. The movie is in English with Spanish subtitles. The people would cheer during the movie anytime something good happened. It was funny though. Brent and I also found this really nice restaraunt in our town. I had the best shrimp that I have ever had!! YUMMY!!
So this morning we decided to go to the Plaza and shop around at some of the vedors. I got some neat jewelry. Kelly and I have been talking about hammocks, so we drove to this other town near by and finally got our hammocks..we were excited..I might even let Brent lay in it. And now we just got back from the beach near our house. We decided to show Lola the beach..and she really liked it!! That's good because she will be a beach dog for 2 years!! Well for the rest of the night we are going to get things ready for the week!! Next weekend we are going to Rincon, which is considered the best beach town in the island. We are so excited. Also Kelly's sister from Washington D.C. will be down for a visit. We are excited!! Have a great week everyone...sure our's will be another interesting one!!
The Dills
Here we are at the Plaza in Guayama

HERE'S OUR BEACH DOG!


After a long day...PERFECT!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment