Time for the Texas State Fair!
I love that schools here in Texas get a "Fair Day"! We took advantage of our day off and our free tickets to go to the biggest State Fair around! Hattie had been talking about going to the fair for a week or so...she had heard us talking about a time Braedon was younger and him getting bit by the ostrich at the fair, so of course, she wanted to feed the ostrich. We fed animals, went on a couple of rides, played a few games, and ate the best corn dogs....pretty much everything you would do at the fair!
Something really exciting happened on our ferris wheel ride though.....my friend and co-worker, Audrah got engaged on the ride ( her and her fiance had their first date at the fair two years ago!) Anyways we ended up seeing them in the line for the ride, they were a little ways ahead of us but when we got up to the ride we ended up being in the next cart! So while we were riding I hear " Katie" and when I finally looked down I saw what happened! It was pretty neat!
Here are a few pictures from the fair!




This darn ostrich bit my watch...meanie!

on top of the ferris wheel
Yay Audrah and Christian!

Eating our corn dogs!
Hollyn making faces at Papa
Her new face....cute huh?!!

Riding the carousel
watching the dog show

Mom made about one batch of cotton candy and I laughed the entire time!!
1 comment:
You look great Katie!! Sorry I missed your call last night - we were eating dinner with my parents. I've had a hell of a last week....I'll have to call ya back to tell you about it. Miss you guys so much! Love ya!
Post a Comment