Since Hattie has been walking all over the place she has taken many falls. But the other night she had a really bad fall that took us to the Emergency Room. Poor thing! She was walking to the entertainment center when she tripped over a pillow. I could see it coming but was too late to stop it. I picked her up right away and then Brent came over and said that it was bad. Her head was bleeding so bad. We instantly went into "panic mode". We knew that she would need to go into the hospital. We quickly turned off the stove that our cooked dinner was on, put the dogs away, and packed her bag. I called our peditrician and she said we would have to go to the ER. I have never been to the ER and what a joke it is! Seriously! We walkedin with our baby bleeding from the head and they tell us there would be an hour wait. The room was full of people who looked fine. Hattie was just chilling at the time, she didn't cry the entire 20 minutes in the car either. It would have been so much worse if she would have been screaming. Finally, I called our dr.'s office again and said that we didn't want wait that long and asked if they could maybe do something if she didn't need stitches. They told us to bring her in ( we are so lucky our peditrician stays open until 10). Luckily the dr. saw her right away and told us she could use durabond ( kinda like a glue) that would be better than stitches. Thank goodness.
Brent and I felt so guilty that she got hurt so bad. Our parents made us feel better reminding us how many times things like that happened to us when we were young ( in my family most of the accidents involved Sara : )
Brent took a picture of her before she received care and it looks horrible. Here are some of her waiting in the dr. office for her glue to dry. What a long night...we finally got home around 9:30!


3 comments:
Cael says, "That's my girl!!" He's so proud of her for being so tough! Mommy & Daddy are doing a great job too! We miss you guys!
I am so sorry! It is so hard seeing your baby hurt like that. But it does happen a lot! I don't know if you remember, but Alexa pulled down our stocking hanger when she was 14 months and ended up having to get stitches on her head. I felt horrible, because it was MY fault. We had agreed not to have them up for fear that she would pull on the stocking and have the heavy and sharp hanger hit her in the head. Anyway, I had a friend over that day and wanted the house to look festive so I hung the stockings up but told myself to remember to take them down. Well, I forgot and while I was in the kitchen that night cooking dinner I heard a loud crash and a scream, I knew instantly what had happened. I felt horrible!! So, don't worry! You guys are amazing parents. She will have more spills and more owies. I am just glad you ended up getting her into your doctor. The ER is a JOKE and VERY expensive. So thank goodness your doctor is so good and open so late! Give her kisses from us!
What a trooper, is right! I cannot believe that she didn't cry on the ride in! And how wonderful that your doctor stays open so late! I am glad that she is okay. And just know, many more accidents are to follow. You cannot prevent them all. You two are doing a great job!
Post a Comment