Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Dance, Dance

Hey Everyone,

I know we usually try to put up a blog every week, but last week I didn't take any pictures ( Brent was shocked!!). Last week was our first parent teacher conference...they were very good! I was so lucky to have Brent close by because he had to translate about 7 conferences for me. It is so difficult having a conference when we don't speak the same language as the parents, but the parents were very nice and it was nice to meet many of them. Friday night we went to a dance at the Lion's Club right across the street from our house. It was so much fun...I love watching salsa and merengue. Brent and I try, but we aren't that good (yet). Saturday Brent and I got some snorkels and went to a beach. We became obsessed with searching for sand dollars. We found a spot at the beach where you can't even take a step without stepping on a sand dollar. Most of them are still alive though, we try to find the dead ones. We ended up going home with about 15 sand dollars.
This week was another good week. Our school hasbeen doing a lot of fundraising and today we had an assembly to give some prizes to the students and the classes that made the most money. Brent's class was in the top 10 and his class won a free day to wear casual clothes, while the rest of the students were their uniforms! Courtney's class won a pizza party. Several other teachers won cash prizes! Kelly and I were disappointed that our classes didn't make enough money to get any prizes..oh well.
Tomorrow we are having all of the american teachers and some of the local teachers over to Casa Benny for Italian Night..Brent and I are still deciding what we are going to make. I was thinking lasagna from the box...but Brent doesn't think that will be a big hit!
We don't have big plans for the weekend...we are just gonna see what we feel like doing. I am so excited for my parents to visit. I am counting down the weeks. Only 4 more weeks! We miss everyone so much!
Here are a couple of pics of the pups. They got new collars that have their names and telephone number on them . Their cousins, Jim and Louie, sent them!! ( thanks aunt Kimmie)
Adios ,
The Dills


Look at us...we learned to sit!


Sand $s

No comments: