Sunday, May 05, 2013

Pedal Car Races!


Today the girls did their first pedal car race! They were so excited and kept asking when it was. There was just one problem...it's a pedal car race and neither girl knows how to pedal very well : )
I still wanted them to do it and figured if they had to..they could just Fred Flinstone their way across the race.  To my surprise both girls did pedal, it wasn't fast but they did pedal!! It was so cute! I took videos of both, but they are too big to post on here. It was pretty hilarious!! Hattie was one of the last in her heat to cross the line and she was so happy. She said " Mommy, I won!". I about went with and said " Yah, you did", but then I thought...nope you are going to learn you don't always win and I told her that another boy won, but that she tried her best and did very good!






This was such a fun event that our neighboring town does. The kids got free shirts, popsicles, popcorn and cotton candy. Our church does a fun booth and has activities for the kids too. Several of our church friends were their with their kids. We will for sure do that again next year. In the mean time I will be working with the girls on pedaling so they can win next year!! : )

No comments: