Monday, April 15, 2013

Hattie's 4th Birthday Celebration!!


I think Hattie had the best birthday ever! Last week I was a little worried watching the crazy blizzards in South Dakota thinking Nana and Papa might not be able to make it for her birthday. I sure wasn't going to be the one to tell her! She and Hollyn have been talking about Nana and Papa coming for weeks now! Hollyn kept saying she wants Papa to hold her and they both wanted to go to Chuckee Cheese.
Luckily, the airport in SD opened the day Rick and Cathy were set to leave and they made it here Thursday night. Friday the girls stayed home with Nana and Papa and had lots of fun. Saturday was the big b-day party and the last two days were spent enjoying time together. Brent and I had the day off on Monday since it was a bad weather day we never used! Rick and Cathy flew home tonight were they should arrive back home with a few more inches of snow! Darn SD weather!!

Here are pictures of the last few days!

 Woke up a FOUR year old!!
 First stop: donuts

 Then Chuckee Cheese ( Brent and I were so sad to miss this trip!! : )


 That night: Ears pierced!! No big deal for this girl!
 Then home to open a few presents and cake with us

 Yes..they did spell her name wrong...we have the hardest time with cakes!! Last year the cake we ordered wasn't even made! Oh well!
 Saturday morning: Build a Bear party with 13 friends! Everyone showed up for this party!!







 Her party turned out so nice..afterwards we went to the park in the mall for lunch and cupcakes. Beautiful weather and plenty of room.

 
 Nana got Hattie this cute doll house at our annual neighbor hood garage sale! I got some amazing buys too!


 Texas Blue Bonnets

 Fun in the park

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was searching for my GF's blog and came across yours. Started reading about the great story about your ODD getting her ears pierced as part of her 4th Birthday celebration.Your story reminded of a funny experience of mine when we pierced our ODD's ears at 3 yrs.

After piercing our ODD's ears, we came home and he loved them. What happened next surprised me. Dh asked why we hadn't had our 2 yr dd's ears pierced too! I didn't know what to say, but then our 3 yr said chimed in that she wanted her baby sister to have matching earrings like hers. My family was ganging up on me! Admittedly, I hadn't even thought of doing it, but the manager at Piercing Pagoda said they were having a 50% off sale on a second pair of earrings if you purchased a pair of piercing earrings. Now everyone wanted my baby girl to have her ears pierced! What could I do?

Well, I asked our ped and she encouraged me to do her saying it was better when mommy cares for them. Guess what...both of my girls got their ears pierced ears. Both girls are adorable with little earrings.

I never broached the subject thinking dh would never agree to having our 2yr old girl's ears pierced. However, I was super surprised when my ODD brought up the subject.

Don't know if you considered having your younger girl's ears pierced too. However, if it crossed your mind, then I'd say it may be your mommy intuition telling you to let it happen.

Angie
angietune@hotmail.com