Sunday, July 03, 2011

VACATION and lots of other things!

We had so much fun on our family vacay to Branson, MO! Hollyn is just as good of a traveler has Hattie was, so the 8 hour car ride wasn't bad at all. The girls did great in the car...it was Brent and I that were crazy. On our way there, we were checking out our GPS map and saw that we weren't going through Arkansas...which we thought would be quicker. SO we ventured off the planned route and decided to go our own way. We learned our lesson...we spent two to three hours going through windy, desolate roads even going on a ONE lane bridge! I was so happy to finally arrive in Branson. Our week was spent relaxing in our condo, cooking dinners, spending time reminiscing with The Marhes, watching Cael and Hattie run around and play, boat riding with the family, swimming, walks to the lake, playing tether ball, visiting Silver Dollar City -twice, and just having a relaxing fun vacation with family. It was so much fun! Thanks Rick and Cathy for getting the condo and arranging this fun get away!

Nana and Hollyn on the patio


Me and my nephew!



Hattie and Cael reunited: )



Kelly and me with the kiddos










Papa got Hattie her own Dora fishing pole and it was a huge hit!! She didn't catch any fish, and she wasn't about to let anyone help her.




Hattie and Papa on the dock






Let's go to Silv




Neat tree house



Hattie and I playing in the tree house




Hollyn loved the boat!







Watch out....Hattie's driving!


Rick, Jaron, Hattie and I jumped in to take a dip!


I was so excited to see this tether ball...I used to love playing it when I was younger. I loved it so much that I even had my very own tether ball in my back yard. I kept telling Jaron how good I was and that he would have no chance of beating me. So we played and I lost 5 to 1...turns out I am not good any more...bummer : )


family pic




Dills and Marshes

Back to Silver Dollar City...it is the funnest amusement park ever! It is like an old mining city with lots of rides, stores, and restaurant and the best thing is that it was covered with trees so we had lots of shade! We took turns taking the little girls home so we could ride big people rides. Tracy and I were the only brave ones who went on the biggest roller coaster.. Jaron said he could hear us screaming ( which was probably true: )





We have been having such a fun summer! Below are pictures from the last few weeks: My co-worker, Regan's wedding, my birthday, trips to the splash park with grandma, and a trip to Celebration Station in Dallas with Kirsten and Grandma!


cute couple





Vista Girls!! I LOVE my co-workers! We had so much fun! We did get a little carried away with the picture taking: )





Me and Ruth Ann


Me and Audrah


Hattie and Kirsten painting the most beautiful piggy bank ever














boxes are so much fun!



Momma's turned 29 on June 25th




sisters






Hattie loved the go karts

we made friends with this little red headed boy and thought it would be cute to get a picture of them together




1 comment:

Kelly said...

That was the most beautiful piggy bank I've ever seen!! E-mail me some of the pix of our families!! We had a great time seeing you guys! Thanks for letting us move in on your vacay.