Brent and I had a very exciting ( woohoo) weekend of organizing! Between all the boxes that his parents brought down from Colorado and all the baby things my sisters have given me....we had a huge mess in our apartment. It seems like we already have so much...but as we are figuring out...babies needs lots of things! I am lucky to have two sisters that have already had babies: ) Just like growing up as the baby of the family...I am still getting hand- me -downs!
Oh by the way...I had another ultrasound and the ultrasound technician said the baby is definetly a girl! Let's hope so with all this pink stuff: )
where do we put it all?
Is this a sign or what?? If Kelly and Courtney have a baby boy ( which my feelings are telling me it is) then they are probably going to name him Henry! I just happened to find this book at the bookstore! So cute! And yes, our little girl is going to be Hattie Jean!
Braedon the elf! I was so excited to finally get to go to Braedon's christmas program! It was adorable...little kids between 2 and 5...we were very entertained!
ON A MUCH SADDER NOTE....
Yesterday morning my nephew, Eric, lost his mom who had been batteling a very rare and serious form of cancer for the last couple of years. Cassandra was only 34. I can't imagine losing a parent at any age, but can only imagine how difficult it is for him being only 15. All of you who know my nephew know what an amazing kid he is! He is going to have many rought days...but I know how strong he is. He said that he is going to " live life to the fullest" each day, just like his mom did! What an inspiration!
My mom wrote the following poem:
A Tribute to Cassandra
“Living Life to the Fullest” was her goal you might say,
And of course she did this in her own special way.
In her battle with cancer there was no talk of quitting,
And to keep boredom away she took up knitting!
She made us laugh often with her humorous style,
And it was rare to see Cassandra without a big smile.
She loved raising son, Eric, and what a great job she did,
As it was with pride that she heard, “He’s such a good kid”.
Cassandra raced her Grand Prix when folks thought she should rest,
But going 90 mph is what she did best!
She was a woman filled with tons of ambition,
And loved her job with “Child and Adult Nutrition”.
To know she’s in Heaven brings a smile to our face,
For we’re certain she’s livening up the place.
We’ll miss Cassandra more than words can ever say,
But honor her by “Living Life to the Fullest” each day.
“Living Life to the Fullest” was her goal you might say,
And of course she did this in her own special way.
In her battle with cancer there was no talk of quitting,
And to keep boredom away she took up knitting!
She made us laugh often with her humorous style,
And it was rare to see Cassandra without a big smile.
She loved raising son, Eric, and what a great job she did,
As it was with pride that she heard, “He’s such a good kid”.
Cassandra raced her Grand Prix when folks thought she should rest,
But going 90 mph is what she did best!
She was a woman filled with tons of ambition,
And loved her job with “Child and Adult Nutrition”.
To know she’s in Heaven brings a smile to our face,
For we’re certain she’s livening up the place.
We’ll miss Cassandra more than words can ever say,
But honor her by “Living Life to the Fullest” each day.
2 comments:
I think it's a sign! We'll see...
I am so sorry to hear about Eric's Mom. That is so sad. Poor guy, I can't imagine. Let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers!
Isn't it amazing everything you need for a baby?!?! But so fun!! Looks like you guys have a lot of great things already!!
Post a Comment