Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Letter 2008

Instead of sending out a Christmas letter, we decided to post an update of the year on our blog ( and sorry it's not a poem...I didn't inherit the poem writing ability like my mother). We might have some new readers since I directed more family and friends to the site. If this is your first time visiting in our blog site...I hope you enjoy it! We think this is the best way to keep in touch with our family and friends since we live far away. You can also go back in the archives and check out the posts while we were living in Puerto Rico!

Alright...let's recap 2008!!
It seems like looking back on every year, I think that each year has been filled with so many changes and new experiences. I think this year has topped them all ( so far!). We finished our second year teaching 2nd and 3rd grade in Puerto Rico. Those two years just flew by and the next thing we new we were saying good bye to some of our best friends we made down there. I never knew it would be so hard to leave Puerto Rico, but we left knowing we would stay in touch with our friends and always have awesome memories of our two years there!
In May we moved to Garland, TX! We lived with my sister while we searched for jobs and housing. After a few months we finally both found teaching positions and a new apartment. Brent is teaching Spanish at Hudson Middle School, and is loving middle schoolers! I am teaching 4th grade at Vista Academy of Garland. I have a great class, and really enjoy being at a small school!
By August we were settling into Texas and getting ready to start the school year. It seemed like we already had so many new changes in our lives, but we found out we were going to have another big change in April! We are going to have a baby girl sometime around April 9th! We are a both so excited to become parents. We are looking forward to all the new experiences 2009 will bring!

Happy Holidays!
The Dills

No comments: