I can't believe my last post was over a month ago! UGH!! Actually re-reading the post makes me sad...in a way it seems like that was so much longer than just a month ago. Alot of people are asking how we are doing and I think we are doing pretty good. November has been busy with 2 birthdays and having family here for Thanksgiving, so that has helped. Of course we are still very sad and there will be times that get to me, but it is nice to be feeling better. I had a rough time with recovering after about two weeks and it was awful!! But now we are in December and having a two and three year old getting excited for Christmas is SO much fun!! We are doing all the fun Christmas things...elf on the shelf, Christmas movies, advent calendars, parades, and festivals! Love this time of the year!!
Well here is how we spent November!
Hollyn turned two!! I kept asking her what type of birthday party she wanted and she always said " Elmo. Mickey."
So we did Elmo for her party and Minnie Mouse for her actual birthday! This kid is a hoot! She definetly keeps us on our toes. She is the complete opposite of Hattie in almost everyway. We love her personality and are so thankful for her.
Brent's family came down from CO and SD for Thanksgiving and, like always, we had a great time! Tracy, her boyfriend Kyle, Jaron and Great Papa Cliff stayed in a nearby hotel ( with a really fun indoor pool) and Rick and Cathy stayed here.
lots of tea parties
Celebrating Hollyn's and Daddy's birthday
We went to the Gaylord to take family pictures. Thanks Ruth Ann!!
Last night Brent and I got dressed up for our HOA holiday party!! It was lots of fun! We had a nice dinner and then it was a casino night where we played with fake money to win tickets for prize raffles. We met so many new neighbors and had fun playing Black Jack and Roulette...kinda took me back to college days living so close to Deadwood!! I did pretty good...epecially and Roulette, I had forgot how to play so I just walked up and put some chips on a number ( there are 35) and won right away!! 900 in fake money!!
Today Hattie and I went out to meet Marina and Sara while Daddy and Hollyn were snoozing. Hattie got her haircut at Sweet and Sassy and then we went to Build-A-Bear. Gosh I wish I would have thought of creating one of those businesses!! Cousins and Best Friends!!















1 comment:
Hi friend! I have not been a great friend and haven't checked on you in a while. Glad you are doing better. You are seriously the strongest woman I know! Wish we lived closer and could see you soon. Miss you tons! Love ya!!
Post a Comment