Sunday, January 16, 2011

Snow in Texas!

Last weekend we had snow! It is definetly my kind of snow...it was only a couple of inches and stayed on the ground for a few days. After spending twenty some years in the cold weather...I am happy not to have such extreme winters. The only thing I miss....Snow Days!! But who knows, the two years that we have been here we have had a snow day each year. Hattie thought the snow was pretty neat. She would stand by the door and say "snow" so I would let her go grab a handful and then it would melt so she would ask for "more snow"....she did this for about 15 to 20 minutes.

On the 12th Hollyn turned 2 months and Hattie 21 months!

Hollyn wasn't able to get her shots yesterday because she has caught the cold that ALL of us had. They tested her for RSV and , thankfully, it was negative. It is just a common cold that should go away soon...but it is still hard to hear my 2 month old coughing..UGH!

Hattie is constantly making us laugh ( besides when she is throwing a two year old tantrum: )
Today she told me her butt hurt and I asked if she wanted butt cream. She said no and then looked at Brent and said " Daddy, I want icecream!" : )

This weekend we got to see our cousin Jeff who is in Texas checking out grad schools. He came down from cold Minnesota! It was fun to see him, since last time he was here was two years ago, and that was when we didn't have any kids and now we have two!!We have pictures on his camera, so I will probably get them soon.
Saturday night I stayed over at Sara's till 11:30 ( that is very late for us old mamas). We had a blast . We listened to our old favorite songs, danced, and LAUGHED!






Hattie kept holding up the phone to Hollyn telling her " say hi gaga" say hi papa"

Hattie singing her famous song...she sings this song probably 5 times a day. It is to the melody of twinkle twinkle little star...but her version goes something like " Mama, dad, baby, nana, papa, gaga, papa....etc.







she is such a smiler...I LOVE it!!



the secretary at my school gave Hollyn this cute hat




Hollyn NEVER gets any time alone with this big sister










Benny and Hattie loved the snow



Daddy and Hollyn stayed inside...so did Lola : )

No comments: