Monday, February 11, 2008

Pina Coladas, Pina Coladas, and Pina Coladas!!
The Cowan sisters came to Puerto Rico for a long weekend ( Thursday night to Monday morning) We had such a busy week. I think the girls learned that not only does Puerto Rico have the best pina coladas, anything can happen here. Here is how we spent our busy, funfilled ( sleep deprived) weekend!
Day 1: We are locked in a parking lot?!?!?
I took the day off of school on Friday to have all day with the girls. We woke up early and I took them to a purse shop up the street. The girls loaded up on cheap designer bags..good way to start vacation.
We then drove to the rainforest, El Yunque. We had the perfect day...little rain and NO people!! We hiked to the waterfall, got in the freezing water, then ate lunch at a cute cafe at the top!!
Niki was anxious to leave the rain forest to go to the ocean ( she had never seen the ocean before). We went to a beach called Seven Seas. It was relaxing. The big drama happened when we were trying to leave the beach parking lot. The lady told us that we could exit the parking lot at a different gate if we happened to leave later than closing time at 6:00. Well about 5:40 we decided to leave because we had to be at our kayaking trip at 6:15. Okay, so we are ready to leave and see that the main gate is locked, so we head out to the other gate only to find out it is locked too!! So we are hanging out in a parking lot with about four other cars ( we are all confused). I called Brent, who was coming up with other friends to meet us for the kayaking. They are standing on the other side of the gate trying to help us. Our kayaking time was approaching so Brent and Clate decided to pull down part of the parking lot fence, we drove through, they got yelled at by a puerto rican, and we got the heck out of there.
To end the night we went on a kayaking trip through the biolumenscent bay, where tiny organisms make the bay glow. It was awesome!! We also learned that Niki and Jodi would not be good contestants on the Amazing Race. The tour guide kept saying " Where's Niki" or " How's Niki"...we couldn't figure out how he only knew Niki's name. Then we realized it was because throughout the trip, Jodi kept yelling " Niki, Niki"!!!

El Yunque


one of our stops for pictures


Pina Coladas
Jodi sleeping on the coach we sneaked into our room for Clate.
Day 2 Nobody pukes on these ferry rides!
YEAH!! I was so excited to wake up and catch the ferry ride to Culebra, a beautiful island that is home to the number 2 rated Carribean beach. Brent and I have never been there...so it was so exciting to do something new. While we were sitting on the ferry getting ready to go, Niki ( who spent many hours searching about this island) told me that alot of people get sea sick on this boat ride. I said no I doubt anyone will get that sick. Turns out it was the worst boat ride ever, so darn bumpy. I headed up using my barf bag twice!! I never knew that I got sea sick...YUCK!! Well the island was worth it! We swam, snorkeled, and hiked during the day and then at night we went out to the local bars, where Jodi and Niki got to see these amazing puerto rico dancers do their thing!! All five of us ended up sleeping in one tent ( Clate forgot to bring his) But it was okay, we only slept for 4 hours!
waiting for the ferry
soaking in the view
our ONE tent


dorks: )
Pina Coladas


haha...Jodi biffed it when jumping from the tank..hilarious
I love this picture of Brent
Clate and Jodi watching the sunset
pina coladas...again!
Day 3 We keep going and going!
We got up early and caught the morning ferry back to the boat. The same man working the " puking patrol" the previous day, saw me and said " it will be easier today" ( how embarassing that he rememebered me). It was so enjoyable, we got to watch the sunrise and all!
Then us girls headed to Old San Juan for some more shopping and sightseeing ( and of course, I few more pina colodas!) On the way home we stopped at a very Puerto Rican town where we ate roasted pig and other typical foods!
We came home, and fell on the beds and slept the rest of the night! It was SUCH a fun weekend!!



yeah...I am not sick this time

Old San Juan


the last pina colada of the weekend : (
Jodi and Niki- I had a blast with you!! Thanks for so many great memories and laughs!! " Mi Casa es Roja" Love ya!


























































No comments: