I woke up this morning, went outside in my shorts and t-shirt, felt heat from the sun, and thought....it's nice to be back in Puerto Rico, after spending the last two and a half weeks back in the States and cold weather!We have become wimps in the cold weather!! It was so nice to see family and friends though. We were busy the entire time...here is how we spent the wonderful holidays!!
Colorado...
Making gingerbread houses is a tradition that we do every year!
Cathy, Tracy, Jaron, Brent, and I drove to Denver to the zoo to see the chrismas lights. That night it was very comfortable walking around ( 45 degrees). The lights were beautiful!

Tracy and Jaron riding the train
Tracy and Jaron riding the train
Cathy and Jaron on the carisol
We had a really good Christmas...here is our wedding quilt that Cathy made us. It was so fun reading the little squares that many of you wrote. I can't wait to have that in our house!
The rest of the week in CO was spent playing games, eating, visiting, and being sick: ( The day that we were supposed to go to the Nuggets game ( I look forward to this every year) Cathy and I woke up really sick. I think we got the 24 hr flu. YUCK!! I couldn't keep anything down and was very miserable..atleast it didn't last long.
The rest of the week in CO was spent playing games, eating, visiting, and being sick: ( The day that we were supposed to go to the Nuggets game ( I look forward to this every year) Cathy and I woke up really sick. I think we got the 24 hr flu. YUCK!! I couldn't keep anything down and was very miserable..atleast it didn't last long.
Everyone else enjoyed the Nugget's game!
South Dakota!!
We drove up to South Dakota, making a stop in Spearfish to see college friend, Sheila and her boyfriend, Mike. We enjoyed talking and playing games.
We drove up to South Dakota, making a stop in Spearfish to see college friend, Sheila and her boyfriend, Mike. We enjoyed talking and playing games.
Here we are with the infamous blue cups!!
We were so happy to be in South Dakota, but man, was it cold. On New Year's Eve my brother decided we should all go to a little ski resort and go tubing. IT just happened to be the coldest day of the year... 2 degrees....burr or booo, as my mom would say! haha
let's go tubing!!! Once we got to the top of the slope....we got talked into tying all of our tubes together. All of the weight made us fly down the hill and we hit the net at the bottom pretty hard. Everyone in line was cheering for us!!
I had to take this picture because my students wanted to see the snow!
After the tubing...we went to a light show then came home and played Apples to Apples. None of us were tired..so we rang in the new year with fake champagne!
We headed back to Pierre and stopped to see Grandma Lois for New Year's Day. My mom decided to buy a danish ring...it turned out to be a funny joke.

Brent and I feeding the geese by the capitol

We have to do this every year!!
Brent and I feeding the geese by the capitol
We have to do this every year!!
Oh such a fun time!! Hope you all had a great Christmas!! Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment