"Hey, Are Those People Naked??"
What a crazy day!! And yes, that quote really came out of Courtney's mouth today.Let me explain.... so we thought of a perfect thing to do today to relax since we didn't have school. Puerto Ricans don't celebrate Columbus day on this date..so we knew that it would be a pretty quiet day wherever we went. We decided to take a boat out to this island, Palmonito. Usually it is very busy with tourists...so we thought we would get this island all to ourselves....boy were we WRONG! So as we are pulling up to this island, I was thinking wow this island is amazing...the sand is white and the water is a beautiful, clear turqoise color. Well then we see a few other people on the island..okay fine...but then I hear Courtney ask if those people were naked. WHAT??Sure enough we didn't get the island to ourselves and ,instead, had to share it with a group of nudists (5- three women and two men)!! It was very uncomfortable and first. We tried to move our chairs in a different directions so we wouldnt see them. This is a small island, so it was nearly impossible to completely avoid them. After a while we just got used to them being around and still enjoyed the little island. We had a great time. I was trying so hard to get someone to let us burry them in sand, finally they said that I should just do it....and so I did!! haha!! Kelly has the pics on her camera.
This was a great weekend!! Not only did we get to have this very unusual experience, Brent and I got a new niece on October 5th!! Her name is Marina Lois, and she is absolutely adorable. I will have to wait until Thanksgiving to meet her.
Sunday is our big race!! This week we weren't able to run because of all the rain....we sure hope we can make it through that finish line. I will post the pictures on Monday!!
No comments:
Post a Comment