Sunday, May 06, 2007

Get on the boat...the banana boat!!
What a busy busy week!! This week at school we had a field trip, student's day pizza party, and no school Friday for teacher's day!! Our students again suprised us by bringing in gifts for us for teacher's day! They really appreciate their teachers down here!! On Thursday our school had a cocktail party for all the teachers and then we continued the party at our house. It turned out to be another good party at Casa Benny!! We have such a good time with the other teachers. We spent the night singing karaoke and dancing to salsa and merengue!! Fun Times!!

They crazy girls: Lisa, Kisha, Kelly, and me

Hey where's Kelly?
Kelly and I being silly with the computer teacher, Mr. Zayas

Me and Jeanette
This is our Spanish teacher, Mr. Reyes
On Saturday we woke up early and the five of us ( Marshes, Mendez, Brent and me) went to San Juan to Isla Verde Beach to go on the BANANA BOAT!! This beach reminded me of beaches in Florida or Mexico. Lots and lots of people...very touristy!! The banana boat was a blast. It is a big banana tube that can fit 10 people, you just hold on and try not to fall off!!It reminded me of back in the day when Jodi and I would go tubing on the river holding on for dear life while her dad, Mike, drove the boat and would try to get us to fly off. This boat drive was just as crazy as Mike...scary!! Well tubing in the ocean is very different than the tubing I am used to in the river. The worst thing is the salt water! We could barely see, our eyes were just burning, noses running, and salty water in our mouths!! It was worth it though! What a thrill. Brent and I fell of first, and then Kelly fell off by herself. I was so scared about falling off since we are in the middle of an ocean. Last year that same beach had many sharks!! I was assured there have been no man eating beast sitings yet!!

I woke up the this morning and could barely move..I was so sore from riding that thing!!




Hold on Mendez!!

Last night we went to our first Puerto Rico basketball game...and boy was it a good one!! Surprisingly, basketball is a very bid deal in PR. We tried to go to a game the other week but all the ticekts were sold. This week we got our tickets early ( 2nd row even!!) The players are very good, lots of them played in the NBA before playing here. There is one player from Kansas, so Kelly and Courtney wore their Kansas shirts to get noticed! He is one of the best on the team. Well the game went into double over time and we won!! It was an exciting game though!! We will definetly go to many more games!





This is the guy from Kansas

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having fun!! It's getting closer!!! yea! :) Miss ya!

~Sheila