This week just flew by. It was a little hard to get back into the groove of things, after having a week off for vacation. Brent had a good week of celebrating his birthday...YES, he celebrated it all week! He got a total of 4 cakes throughout the week. His students kept bringing in cakes and presents for him. We had his birthday party Friday night and invited all of the teachers over. It was a good time. On Saturday we went back to Ponce. We had just been there last week with my parents, but we wanted to go back at night because the Plaza is covered with lights. It was very nice. Kelly and I had a charicture drawing of the two of us..it was pretty fun. I kept looking around while he was trying to draw my face..when I saw the picture, I noticed that he drew me looking off to the side!! How funny! We made him do another one so that we could each have one. We ate at a nice restaurant and then when to the board walk. At the board walk we saw huge fish that we could feed sardines. Yucky..but the fish liked them! Today was also very busy. One of the teachers wanted to take us to a restaurant to try conch ( the creature that lives in the huge seashells), we found a nice restaurant on the ocean. I liked the conch..Brent had chicken ( not a big seafood person). Today we went to the lighting of the Christmas lights in our Plaza in Guayama. WOW!! It was so much better than I thought it would be. It is beautiful! So many lights. The wierdest thing was not wearing a coat or sweater while looking at Christmas lights outside, I kept thinking a should be getting my coat to go outside. It did feel like Christmas though. There were so many people, vendors, and fireworks. How festive!! I can't believe that we will be in Colorado in 2 1/2 weeks!! We are getting so excited to see everyone!




1 comment:
Kate - I'm impressed...I already have a Christmas card from you??!! You even beat me this year!!
--Sheila
Post a Comment